Friday, August 26, 2011

Teacher Survival Kit

It is back to school time.   For the open house, we took the girls' teachers a Teacher Survival Kit.   My friend E inspired this project.  What teacher doesn't need extra supplies.  

I included the following:  Sharpies, highlighters, band aids, acetaminophen, dry erase markers, pencils, pens, scotch tape, waters, and a bottle of personalized handsantizer.  I spray painted the bottom of a shoe box (and part of our driveway, yes, my husband is very happy about this! hehe) red.  I applied vinyl letters cut with the Silhouette and some cut shapes.  

 
For the hand sanitizer, I removed the front label from the bottle.   I cut vinyl self adhering letters and circles on the Silhouette machine and applied.  Clean hands for everyone!

2 comments:

MissBliss said...

As a former teacher, I think this is so great and thoughtful! Teachers often feel under-appreciated.

Chocolate and coffee always keep teachers going too...and at the holidays my favorite gifts were some amazing bath salts, and homemade treats. So nice to take home after working so hard and to have some cheer at home from students and families ;)

K said...

What a neat idea! I'll have to remember this for the future . . .