Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ladybug Girl Birthday

IP's 5th birthday was in November.   We had her party at the Farm!   Being an original soul, she wanted a "Ladybug Girl" birthday party.   Not ladybugs, but the character from the book....which they don't make birthday themed items in "Ladybug Girl".   What's a crafty mom to do? 
 

Yes, make it up as I go.   I copied pictures from her book onto cardstock using our color copier.  I enlarged the pictures to the needed size.   We cut out the pictures and mounted them on skewers to serve as cake and cupcake toppers.   My mother in law manages a bakery so she brought a cake which I could mount my own toppers.  IP loved it.
If you haven't ready the Ladybug girl and Bumblebee boy books, they are precious.  The books are great at encouraging creativity and imagination....like IP really needed any help. 


I also had to include a picture of the Snicker cupcakes my mother in law brought and Noonie's banana pudding....those were yummy as well. 

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Hey Jennifer! I nominated your blog for a Liebster Blog Award! Check it out here http://beunruffled.blogspot.com/

The FitzWilliams said...

Love your Ladybug Girl party! You should be a party planner!